Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In anticipation of...

May 3, 2010

Airport: OAK
Location: Terminals
Equipment: None!

Excited for our LAX trip, Dad and I got to OAK super early and had time to wander. We headed over to terminal 1 to see the Hawaiian 763, which took off half an hour after us and arrived half an hour before us on our return flight (we said hello again when we landed!). Dad and I had some time to chat, mostly focusing on our shared opinion that the 737 is one of the most beautiful planes ever built.

I hadn't been ON an airplane in about 2.5 years, and was very excited. I got to note WN's Spirit One from the boarding line, and grabbed a window seat once on board, heart thumping. With an 8 a.m. flight, we were part of that morning rush that I often watch from the marina and had to wait for a bit in line for departure. The captain announced we were waiting for 2 arrivals and luckily I had time to pull my camera out. Here's why:



That's Maryland One (N214WN), one of my favorite - and quite possibly one of the oddest looking - Southwest liveries. Moments later we were soaring off the ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment