Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not as successful

January 25, 2009
1430

Airport: OAK
Location: Oyster Bay Park, San Leandro
Equipment: Nikon Trailblazer 10x42
Registrations collected: 0
Airlines: 1
Makes: 1

After learning that my newly purchased, returnable binoculars were almost-but-not-quite good enough to get the job done at SFO, I decided to head out to OAK to check and see if they, by some small chance, would be sufficient there. Nope. I think even a 12x magnification would be enough, and should still be a good choice for tracking planes at take-off speed.

At least 50% of my motivation of going down to the park was to have a little fun hiking through the mud. That part was a success. The half hour or so that I spent traipsing around in the slosh was fantastic and made the trip worth it for sure.

I'll get the chance (read: excuse) to go again when my 10-22x50s arrive in the mail on Friday. Back to SFO on Sunday, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment